Thursday, February 18, 2016

Baseball is More than Just a Sport!


Baseball: More than Just a Sport 

I am writing this blog for class yes, but I am writing this blog on the particular subject of baseball because baseball is an important aspect of my life and shapes who I am. Since this is the only post that I can express from my direct point of view, my connection to the sport. To me, baseball is more than just a sport, its a lifestyle in a way. 
A blackout at the PNC Park in Pittsburgh, PA home of the Pittsburgh Pirates.
















PNC Park in Pittsburgh: Blackout 2015


The Pittsburgh Pirates are my favorite baseball team of all time. As a citizen of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, I love my home team. I used to go to baseball games all the time with my dad and watch games on television with him. This is how we used to bond and continued to up until his death last February. 

Baseball, like all other major sports is a year round sport. Players are always training even during the off season, and there are always trades being made between teams and free agents being picked up by teams as well.

I love the smell of hot dogs and nachos in the afternoon at a great ball game win or lose at the park, but like many Pittsburghers', I also enjoy Primanti Bros. Sandwiches. This is a food stature unique to Pittsburgh, another great thing about baseball venues: the food. All Major League Baseball stadiums have the traditional baseball foods such as nachos, pizza, burgers, and hot dogs, but each stadium also has a unique home town twist on these foods and add their own flare to their lineup that makes each ballpark unique.

From the intense atmosphere of the game to the awesome food and of course, winning, there are several different aspects of baseball that I will cover in this blog series: From the very basics of baseball and general rules and other broad subjects such as where teams play and such, to the extremely in depth structure of the sport such as specific trades and statistics, I am sure you will get to know and understand the love and passion that the sport of baseball, offers a lot of people, and I can't wait to share it with you! 


1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog about the Pirates blackout game in 2015. I went to that game with a bunch of my friends and it was such an experience, along with that I'm a huge fan of the Pittsburgh Pirates. As well as being born in Pittsburgh i am a fan of all Pittsburgh sports and t i mostly try to catch as many baseball games as possible!

    ReplyDelete