Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Sources of Inspiration Post #1

The Good Will and Life Scene Story 

This blog post will consist of discussions of my various trips to the store, Good Will as well as ones just from my life, and the designs, color, and typography of various items I have found at this store, although not ones that I have necessarily bought. 


 



























1. This is a coffee cup that I bought from a Good Will a couple of months ago. As you can see, there are a couple different font types and designs. There are also many different colors that, combined with the design and font types make this coffee cup unique. As with most things that come from Good Will, this coffee cup was probably about five or six years old when I found it, however it was still in fairly good shape. I like the design of it because all of the color combinations really make it pop out to the viewer. I also have a personal connection to what is written on this mug because of my Christian beliefs. Also, one word is written in larger print and in red, signifying its importance to the whole concept of the inspirational and biblical quote on the cup. 

























2. This second item I did not find at Good Will, but rather at Barnes and Noble, a bookstore near my house with other locations throughout the United States. I really like the design of the cover of this book. The typography is visually appealing and fairly simple, and the spacing makes the title, subtitle, author, and sub authors' name, easy to read and clear. I also like the coloring of this font being a simple black color and the color blue for the cover itself. It is also cool how the lines come from the center of the top of this cover along with circles at the ends of them that makes it look like a light ascending down from heaven. 

I enjoy how both of these items signify my believe system and both have really cool designs to them as well. I enjoy just looking around for things that help show my identity and shape my life and are overall just really cool aspects in the world as well, and I can't wait to share more with you in my second sources of inspiration post coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment